Our special education representation is nationwide with a focus in the State of California, San Francisco, East Bay, South Bay and North Bay. Our goal is to help parents of children with disabilities obtain a free and appropriate public education through the special education process.
Top ten reasons why you need an attorney to advocate for your special education rights:
1. When you cannot reach agreement at the IEP meeting.
2. When the school district brings an attorney.
3. When your child is not making appropriate progress.
4. When you think your child is special education eligible but don't understand or have the time to navigate the special education process or the district disagrees with you.
5. If the school district has provided you with prior written notice refusing to provide a change to the IEP.
6. If the school district has filed a special education complaint against you.
7. If you need to appeal an administrative special education decision or order.
8. If you wish to file a complaint against the school district.
9. If your school district is failing to comply with the IEP.
10. If you believe your child is being discriminated against.
Types of Representation:
1. Helping you behind the scenes of the IEP process.
- We review your child's records.
- We review the IEP.
- We help you write letters and file what is necessary to preserve your child's rights in the IEP process.
- We provide you with tools to advocate and make you a stronger advocate for your child.
2. We are directly involved in your case
- We attend the IEP meeting to advocate.
- We communicate directly with the school district.
- We take the emotion out of the process by serving as your direct representative.
- We file complaints, represent you at a special education hearing and we zealously advocate on your behalf.
Special Education Services We Provide:
- Attendance At IEP meetings
- IEP Development
- Transportation Issues
- Private School Placement
- IEP Services
- IEP Placement
- Eligibility and Assessment
- Behavior Support
- Manifestations Hearings
- Special Education Due Process Hearings
- Home Hospital Instruction
- Private School Placement
- Appeals of Special Education Decisions and Orders
- Compliance complaints for failure to follow the IEP
- Transition Services
- Coordination of agency services to assist in ensuring that all appropriate agencies are working together to meet your child's unique needs
Categories of Eligibility We Represent:
Obtaining a free and appropriate public education "FAPE" during your child's time in school impacts their ability to further their education, employment and gain independent living skills. Our team of San Francisco attorneys and advocates helps countless individuals focusing exclusively on your child's needs
We represent children who are IEP eligible or suspected of having a disability in all of the following categories of eligibility:
ADHD/ADD, Autism, Asperger's, Other Health Impairments, Physical Impairments, Developmental Delays, Behavioral Disorders, Emotional Disturbance, Writing Disorders, Reading Disorders, Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment, Speech Delays, Language Disorders, Auditory Processing, Orthopedic Impairments and a Learning Disability.