- Associate Attorney
Damien B. Troutman is an Associate Attorney with the Leigh Law Group. He handles cases in employment law, special education, expulsions, suspensions, and education law.
Damien has been a civil rights litigator throughout his entire career. Prior to joining the Leigh Law Group, he litigated employment discrimination cases against large corporate and governmental employers for a plaintiff-side firm in San Francisco. Damien has extensive experience in guiding clients through every stage of litigation, including jury trials in both state and federal court. Additionally, Damien has drafted federal appeals throughout the county in the Seventh and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeal.
Damien earned his law degree from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, CA. He served as a student member of the Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court, an organization focused on cultivating legal ethics, civility, and professionalism. Damien received two Witkin Awards for earning the highest grade in two courses, Law & Politics and Jurisprudence.
Areas Of Practice
- Special Education Law
- Student Expulsions and Suspensions
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 05/2012
- Honors: Two Witkin Awards for highest grade in Law & Politics and Jurisprudence
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 05/2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court, Student Member