The majority of workers in Marin County and the Bay Area are not in government jobs and do not have the benefit of union representation protecting them from violations of their workplace rights. It is frustrating and challenging to face an employer on your own if you get turned down for a promotion or get fired for reporting a safety violation.
Protecting Employees In California And Across The United States
The private employment law attorneys of Leigh Law Group, in San Francisco, have earned a reputation for being strong protectors of workers’ rights. Our lawyers have successfully represented workers throughout California in individual lawsuits and class action (multiple workers suing their employer for the same violation) lawsuits involving:
- Workers in non-management or nonadministrative positions improperly misclassified as exempt from overtime pay
- Workers illegally fired for reporting a safety issue or violation of civil rights in the workplace
- Workers expected to trade overtime hours for time off at a later date
- Violation of the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employer retaliation, harassment or demotion in order to force the worker to quit
- Discrimination — sexual, racial, age, disability or member of a cultural or religious identity
Working in the private sector is a different landscape than public sector employment. You don’t have to face your employer alone. Call us toll free at 800-768-2168 or send an email with a brief explanation of your employment matter. We will return your call promptly and schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced attorney on our team.