Civil Rights Litigation
Civil rights litigation covers a broad spectrum of administrative, state and federal work.
The civil rights attorneys at Leigh Law Group are committed to protecting your rights. We have experience at both the state and federal level, as well as the skill to represent you in any case. Every civil rights case is different, and we offer smart and personalized guidance to help you put this case behind you.
Protecting Your Civil Rights
Our civil rights litigation includes protection against the following actions:
- Abuse, retaliation or discrimination due to gender
- Abuse, retaliation or discrimination due to race
- Abuse, retaliation or discrimination due to religion
- Abuse, retaliation or discrimination due to sexual orientation
- Retaliation and disability discrimination due to physical or mental disabilities or impairments
- Violations of free speech
- Violations of the right to be heard or violations of “due process,” i.e., your day to present your case
- Excessive force, profiling and physical abuse
- Employment discrimination, retaliation and wrongful termination
- Issues dealing with employment such as violations of a collective bargaining agreement or breach of contract that fundamentally intrudes on your rights
- Appeals of administrative proceedings like an appeal of an Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) special education due process decision
The above matters may be brought in many cases under federal and state law. In some cases, you may also be required to exhaust administrative remedies or pursue internal procedures that build the case from the ground up and subsequently allow you to pursue remedies in state or federal court. It is critical to bring in experienced attorneys who can guide you through all stages of the process so you can maximize your chances of a positive outcome in your case.
We Will Stand By You
Our attorneys will assist you in presenting and building your case so that it withstands the scrutiny of the opposition and the judge.
While our goal is to increase your chance of a recovery through settlement, if we are unable to negotiate an appropriate settlement, our skilled attorneys are prepared to take your case to trial and then, if necessary, work through the appeal process.
Call A Civil Rights Attorney Today
With our experience on your side, we can help you through this tough situation.